2020 Peak Holiday Surcharges
The holiday shopping and shipping season is here! FedEx and UPS both recently released the 2020 peak surcharges. For the first time in history, USPS has joined them with similar surcharges. These surcharges start as early as THIS SUNDAY! According to usps.com, "Temporary price adjustments are in response to increased expenses and heightened demand for online shopping package volume due to the coronavirus pandemic." Check out a full surcharge breakdown below.
- USPS From October 18th- December 27th will have USPS peak surcharges for commercial customers starting at 24 cents up to $1.50 per piece on domestic competitive package volumes without impacting customers at retail level. USPS is protecting retail consumers during this challenging economic period while increasing prices on commercial during heightened volume levels. International products will also be unaffected.
- FedEx From November 2nd- January 17th, 2021 will have FedEx peak seasonal surcharges starting at $1 up to $5 per package for residential services. Additional handling fees will begin on October 5th-January 17th, 2021 starting at $4.90 up to $350 per package. For SmartPost® package services the increase will vary throughout the season.
- November 2nd-November 29th it will be $1 per package
- November 30th-December 6th it will be $2 per package
- Finally from December 7th-January 17th, 2021 it will go back to $1 per package
- UPS From November 15th- January 16th, 2021 qualifying customers who, at any point during the Peak Period, ship more than 25,000 packages per week will have UPS peak surcharges starting at $1 up to $4 per package. From October 4th-January 16th, 2021 additional handling, large packages and over maximum limits customers who at any point during the peak period ship more than 1,000 packages per week or ship more than 10 packages per week that otherwise qualify for any of the peak surcharges will have additional fees starting at $5 up to $250 per package.
StarShip works directly with FedEx, UPS and USPS so the surcharges will automatically be reflected in our app as a part of the total shipping quote provided.
These peak surcharges will affect small to midsize businesses in different ways. If you're looking to streamline your shipping or find ways to save on freight spend consider giving us a call. We'd love to tell you how StarShip can help simplify your shipping!
About us here at V-Technologies:
Founded in 1987, we offer integrated multi-carrier shipping software that connects your warehouse to the front office. We partner with dozens of parcel and LTL carriers such as DHL, FedEx, Purolator, SAIA, UPS, USPS, YRC and more as well as regional carriers like OnTrac and PITT OHIO. Our software provides tight integration between those carriers and popular ERP, EDI, accounting and ecommerce platforms such as Acumatica, Acctivate, Amazon, eBay, Fishbowl, Infor, Magento, Microsoft Dynamics 365, Sage, SAP B1, Shopify and QuickBooks.
Contact us today for more info: 800-462-4016 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org